Carlton Seamill B&B welcomes you
Architecture and environment
For guests who love traditional Victorian architecture and panoramic Scottish scenery, Carlton Seamill has much to offer. An impressive, stone-built, Scottish Victorian house, dated 1883, Carlton occupies an ideal location at Seamill, on the Ayrshire coast. It enjoys a commanding view, over Seamill shore and beach, to the world-famous Firth of Clyde and the beautiful, mountainous Isle of Arran.
History and heritage
The Rennie Family have cherished Carlton carefully, for over 60 years. With its original period features mostly still intact, it is a fine example of a Scottish Victorian family home. Guests frequently remark on the house’s relaxing, “get-away-from-it-all” atmosphere and on the craftsmanship, style and graciousness that are characteristic of the Victorian era.
On the ground-floor, the handsome, historically-detailed reception rooms afford magnificent views, over the Rose Garden and the Croquet Lawn, towards the peaks of Arran. Throughout the house, Carlton’s elegant Victorian staircase conveys a feeling of light and spaciousness, leading to the comfortable, first-floor guest-accommodation.
Direct beach access
Carlton’s west-facing garden-gate provides easy access to Seamill’s extensive, sandy beach – only a stone’s-throw away. Our guests typically enjoy walking along the beach on a lovely evening, watching the wheeling flocks of seabirds and the gregarious colonies of seals. Fabulous, red-and-gold sunsets are Seamill's special feature!
- Outstanding beach-front location, with panoramic sea-views;
- Large Victorian garden, ideal for parties and barbecues;
- Peaceful, “get away from it all” atmosphere;
- Private, on-site parking for 6 to 8 cars;
- A stones-throw to Seamill Hydro Hotel and the beach;
- A relaxing stroll to West Kilbride Golf Club;
- A very short drive to the Arran Ferry;
- A short drive to the holiday resort of Largs;
- Convenient for Glasgow and Prestwick Airports;
- Many major tourist attractions within easy reach;
- Family-friendly; pet-friendly;
We provide traditional Scottish hospitality and the personal touch.